The Sony PMW-200 XDCAM HD422 Camcorder is the successor to Sony's well respected PMW-EX1/R camcorder. It supports the 50 Mbps MPEG HD422 codec and MXF recording. The PMW-200 is equipped with three 1/2" Full HD 1920 x 1080 Exmor CMOS sensors, which support 1000 TV1 high resolution, F11 (2000 lx) high sensitivity, low 56dB noise and a wide dynamic range. It works for SD/HD recording and features a 14x zoom lens with a unique focus ring mechanism.
- Three 1/2" Exmor CMOS Sensors
- Fujinon Lens with 14x Zoom Ratio
- 50 Mbps MPEG HD422 recording as MXF files (UDF mode only)
- HD422 1080p up to 50/60fps
- NTSC, NTSC(J), and PAL Region Support
- Four Channels of 16-bit Audio
- Articulated LCD with 852x480 Resolution
- Timecode & Genlock Input
- Cache Recording Up to 15 Seconds
- Dual ExpressCard SxS Memory Card Slots
MXF is a self-container format which is unacceptable by various non-linear editing systems (NLE), like Final Cut Pro (FCP 6/7/X), iMovie/FCE, Sony Vegas, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS, etc. If you want to edit Sony PMW-200 MXF footage in FCP X, you will encounter problems when importing to FCP X, due to the incompatible codec. In order to import the MXF footage from Sony PMW-200 to FCP X, the easy workaround is to convert MXF files to Final Cut Pro native formats. Here, we highly recommend UFUWare MXF Converter for Mac, which is a smart tool designed to convert Sony PMW-200 MXF videos to Apple ProRes Codec on Mac.
Free download top MXF Converter:
1. Install and run the UFUWare MXF Converter for Mac as the Sony MXF to FCP X Converter for Mac, click "Add Video" button to add Sony PMW-200 MXF footage to the converter, or directly drag and drop the Sony PMW-200 MXF footage to it.
2. Click the "Profile" option to select "Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as output format from the drop-down menu list.
3. Hit "Settings" button to customize advanced audio and video parameters like video codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, audio codec, sample rate, audio channels,etc.
4. Press "Convert" button to convert Sony PMW-200 MXF to Apple ProRes for FCP X on Mac.
When the Sony MXF to ProRes conversion completed, just click "Open Folder" to get the converted ProRes MOV files. Now, you can import and edit Sony PMW-200 MXF footage in Final Cut Pro X/7/6 on Mac freely.