The Sony PXW-X160 three 1/3-inch type Exmor CMOS sensors camcorder records Full HD XAVC Intra and XAVC Long GOP, as well as MPEG HD 422 50 Mbps MPEG HD 420 35 Mbps, AVCHD and DV, making it ideal for a wide range of applications from education/videography to broadcast. We can capture 1080P high-definition video footages, this feature is chosen by most of Sony users.
If you recorded some XAVC videos with Sony PXW-X160 and want to import the XAVC footages to Final Cut Express or Adobe Premiere for editing on Mac, you may encounter some problems when importing the XAVC to FCE or Adobe Premiere. The Sony XAVC video format is not supported by Final Cut Express or Adobe Premiere Pro so far. To edit Sony PXW-X160 XAVC video files in FCE/Adobe Premiere smoothly, the easy workaround is to convert Sony PXW-X160 XAVC to FCE/Adobe Premiere supported format. AIC MOV is a friendly format supported by Final Cut Express, MPEG-2 MPG is a friendly format supported by Adobe Premiere Pro. Here is an easy and efficient Sony PXW-X160 XAVC solution for you.
How to edit Sony PXW-X160 XAVC footages in FCE or Adobe Premiere?
1. Free download UFUSoft Sony XAVC Converter, this is a professional Sony PXW-X160 XAVC to FCE/Adobe Premiere Converter. With which you can convert Sony PXW-X160 recorded XAVC files to FCE/Adobe Premiere supported formats.
2. Install this Sony PXW-X160 to FCE/Adobe Premiere Converter on your Mac, and you can click "Add File" button in the main interface to import the XAVC video files from Sony PXW-X160 Camcorder.
3. Click "Profile" drop-down list to choose proper format for FCE and Adobe Premiere Pro
Select "iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC)(*.mov)" as output format for Final Cut Express, AIC MOV is native format for FCE.
Select "Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas > MPEG-2 video (*.mpg)" as output format for Adobe Premiere, MPEG-2 MPG is native format for Adobe Premiere Pro.
4. Press "Settings" button to customize the output parameters, include the resolution, bitrate, frame rate, etc.
5. Hit the "Convert" button, the Sony XAVC to AIC/MPG Converter will immediately convert Sony PXW-X160 XAVC footages to AIC MOV or MPEG-2 MPG at fast speed on Mac.
After the Sony PXW-X160 XAVC to AIC/MPG conversion finished, you can get and import the converted video files to Final Cut Express or Adobe Premiere Pro for editing smoothly.